- Power of attorney. No legalization is required, just the client’s signature. A form may be sent upon your request. Please be informed that it is possible to file the application without a power of attorney (Additional cost of US$ 125.00), but this document must be filed within two months after the application is filed in Panama. A power of attorney may be filed for registration at the Trademarks Office, in which case it is not necessary to file it again for further applications.
- Client’s address in Panama for administrative or judicial notifications. Save otherwise instructed we will place our firm address.
- The applicant could be an individual or a company. No business license or other type of document is required to prove the existence of the company.
- In case the applicant is an individual, a copy of the passport or the identification document.
- Label of the mark, (only when it is/contains a design, as we may produce directly any word mark).
- Special instructions in relation to claiming priority, colors, etc. Priorities may be claimed within six (6) months after the original application, as provided by the Convention of Paris.
- Goods to be protected and their International Classification. Multiple class application is permitted.
In force in Panama:
- The International Classification of Nice
- The Convention of Paris for Protection of the Industrial Property
- International Convention for Protection of Vegetable Obtainments
- Marraketch Agreement –Worldwide Organization of Commerce
- Trademark Law Treaty - 1994
- Registration in Latin-American countries.
- Brand availability
- Brand registration at the Colon Free Zone
SPECIAL VOLUME RATES ARE AVAILABLE
For more information: contact us